Grape Productions (ABN 94 638 891 899) (Grape Productions, we, our or us) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy having regard to the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
As a result, Grape Productions has implemented practices, procedures and systems in relation to privacy and to:
- maintain the confidentiality and security of personal information and personal data it collects and holds; and
- manage its systems, practices and procedures in an open and transparent way.
By “personal information”, we mean information or an opinion, whether true or not, about an identified individual, or about an individual who is reasonably identifiable (including by reference to identifiers such as a name, an ID number, location data, or an online identifier).
Those individuals include people who book tickets for events we run, co-ordinate or are otherwise affiliated with, or who otherwise contact us, or our agents, suppliers, distributors, contractors or other associates. This policy sets out how we handle the personal information we collect and hold.
By continuing to use our site, you agree that we may collect and handle your personal information in accordance with this policy (as amended from time to time).
What personal information does Grape Productions collect and hold?
The kind of personal information we may collect and hold depends on how you interact with us, but can include:
- contact details (including email addresses and location), names, gender and age;
- information about your preferences, interests, opinions, feedback and experiences with our products or services or the products and services of third parties including our sponsors;
- financial details such as credit card details, PayPal details or other online payment provider details;
- social media account usernames and information published on your social media accounts;
- information regarding your relationship history with us or our sponsors and affiliates;
- details of transactions you carry out through our site;
- details concerning your orders, transactions, enquiries and complaints; and
- details of your visits to our site (including traffic and location information, which pages you visit, web-logs and other communication information).
When you visit our site, we may also collect information about your computer, including (where available) your IP address, operating system and browser type.
We do not keep files containing all of the above information on all people who contact us, or with whom we deal. In many cases, we may have only one or two pieces of information relating to any particular person.
Why does Grape Productions collect, hold and disclose personal information?
We collect and hold personal information for a variety of purposes – and different kinds of personal information are used for different purposes.
In each case, however, the personal information we collect and hold is reasonably necessary for our functions and activities, including in order to provide you with services you would expect from us. These purposes are:
Providing you with relevant services and managing relationships with you
- to provide you with services or goods that you have ordered or requested from us or our partners (including through our site) and to facilitate payments from you;
Special offers, marketing and advertising
- to provide you with news and information, products or services that you request from us or which we reasonably believe may interest you, including from our sponsors and other trusted third parties;
- to communicate with you (including by email, mail, telephone, social media or other emerging communications channel, and including in relation to changes to our products and services);
Improving our services and conducting research
- to manage and enhance our services, including by conducting market research to understand what is important to our customers;
- to create aggregate information reports for our use and to provide to our affiliates and advertisers;
- to engage in marketing and advertising, including through social media such as using Facebook Custom Audiences and Lookalike Audiences, Instagram advertising or other social media advertising tools;
- to conduct competitions and promotions (both on our own behalf and in conjunction with our affiliates and selected third parties);
Rosé Coast website
- to enable and enhance your use of our website, including (where applicable) to personalise and customise your experience when using our sites (including so that our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer);
- for system administration and for network analysis and security (by ourselves and our IT contractors);
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our sites that may be available;
- to investigate any complaints about or made by you, or if we have reason to suspect that you are in breach of any of our terms and conditions or that you are or have been otherwise engaged in any unlawful activity; and
- as required or permitted by any law (including privacy regulation).
From time to time, when collecting information from you, we may also ask you to “opt-in” to consent to us using or disclosing your personal information other than in accordance with this policy or any applicable law.
As part of our commitment to protecting your privacy, however, you will also be given the opportunity to “opt out” from receiving communications from us or from third parties that send communications to you in accordance with this policy or in accordance with any additional consent you give, and we will comply with your decision. (You will be able to “opt out”, for example, by clicking on an “unsubscribe” link at the end of an email, or by contacting our Privacy Officer.)
How does Grape Productions get the personal information it collects and holds?
Grape Productions only collects personal information by fair and lawful means, including when people:
- sign up for our events;
- provide us, our affiliates or sponsors with personal information at our events;
- enter competitions or promotions we or our sponsors or affiliates may hold;
- fill in any contact forms on our sites (including when signing up for newsletters);
- post material to our sites or to social media that we use (such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram), or otherwise interact with our social media accounts;
- use any app we might provide;
- contact us for assistance or with questions or complaints; and
- contact us other than through our sites or social media, for example, if you email us directly or send us a fax or a letter.
We prefer to obtain any personal information we collect directly from you. In some cases, however – such as when a friend or family books a place for you at an event – it may be unreasonable or impracticable to obtain information directly, and we may obtain that information from someone else. We may also collect information from external service providers to whom we have contracted services as well as from third parties who offer products and services to you.
If you are concerned about what information we may hold about you, please see below for information on how you can access and (if necessary) correct that information.
When you visit our website or use an app we may develop we may send your browser a cookie. A cookie is a small file placed on your computer or mobile phone’s browser that helps us recognise you when you return to our website or to the app and can tell us whether or not you’ve visited the site before. Your browser will tell us if you have these cookies, and if you don’t, we may generate new ones.
You can disable cookies from our site at any time by changing your browser settings (typically found in the “options” or “preferences” menu of your browser). Please note, however, that changing these settings may prevent areas of our website from working as intended.
We also use third-party cookies, including Google Analytics features, Facebook Remarketing tags and tracking pixels and DoubleClick remarketing pixels. Based on your past visits to our website, these enable third-party vendors such as Google and Facebook to provide you with information about products and services that may be of interest to you as you browse the internet more generally (including information about products and services from third-parties).
You can choose to opt out of the above by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative opt out page (available at http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1#!/) or, for Google Analytics, by visiting http://optout.aboutads.info/?c=2#!/ .
For more information about cookies, including to see what cookies have been placed, how to manage and delete them, and how to opt-out of being tracked by social networks and third-party advertisers, visit these services:
We may use or disclose your personal information to promote both our products or services and those of third parties through direct marketing.
You may ask us to identify how we acquired the personal information that we use or disclose for direct marketing purposes by contacting us via the details set out at the end of this Policy.
If at any time you do not wish to receive any direct marketing communications whether from us or from third parties, you can ask us not to send you any further direct marketing communications and not to disclose your personal information to third parties for that purpose by using the “unsubscribe” facility included in a prominent statement in the direct marketing communications or by contacting us via the details set out below.
Can I interact with Grape Productions anonymously or under a pseudonym?
In many cases, you will need to provide your real name when interacting with us. This will particularly be the case when you are (for example) booking to attend an event.
You may however – wherever lawful and practicable – use a pseudonym (or simply not identify yourself) when dealing with us. For example, if you have a complaint or concern about our site, or a general question about any of our resources or services, you are welcome to contact us without identifying yourself. In some cases, however, if you do not provide us with information, we may not be able to provide you with our resources or services, or we may not otherwise be able to respond adequately to you.
For clarification on when you must identify yourself, please contact our Privacy Officer. (You may use a pseudonym – or simply not identify yourself – when making such an enquiry.)
Who has access to my personal information?
Generally, only our officers and staff will access your personal information, and then only on a “need to know” basis.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- to people who work for us or for one of our suppliers, or on our behalf, and who may be engaged in, among other things, filling and delivering orders, processing payments and mail-outs, marketing, administration, research and providing other technical and non-technical support (including IT services);
- to sponsors and promoters of any event or competition that we conduct or promote;
- to protect the rights, property, health or safety of Grape Productions or its officers, customers or others (including exchanging information with other companies and organisations to protect against fraud and to reduce credit risk);
- to our agents, legal advisers, business partners, joint venture entities and other partners;
- to anyone else that you specifically authorise us to receive information held by us; and/or
- as otherwise required or permitted by law (including under privacy legislation).
How long we keep your personal information
We only keep your personal information for as long as is necessary to provide you with the goods or services you have requested from us or for as long as we reasonably need to retain the information for our legitimate interests.
We operate a data retention policy and look to find ways to reduce the amount of information we hold about you and the length of time we need to keep it.
Your rights and choices
As set out in more detail below, you may:
- withdraw any consent you have given to us in relation to our use of your personal information (including by contacting us as set out below or by “unsubscribing” to emails sent to you;
- request access to the information we hold about you;
- receive a copy of information we hold about you;
- ask us to correct information we hold about you; and
- make a complaint (as further discussed below) in relation to how we have collected or used your personal information.
How can I access (and, if necessary, correct or delete) personal information that Grape Productions has collected and holds about me?
If you wish to review (and, if necessary, correct or update) personal information that Grape Productions may have collected and hold on you, please contact our Privacy Officer.
We will respond to your requests to access or correct your personal information as soon as possible (but in any case, within a reasonable period).
How can I complain about Grape Productions if it breaches any of applicable privacy principles or any registered code that binds it?
Contact our Privacy Officer (details below) if you have any complaints about breaches by Grape Productions of any applicable privacy principles or of any registered code that binds it.
How will Grape Productions deal with complaints I might have about breaches of applicable privacy legislation or any relevant registered code?
We will treat any complaint about a breach of privacy legislation or any relevant registered code seriously, and will investigate any breach of which we become aware – including how it occurred and how best to prevent such a breach occurring again.
What steps does Grape Productions take to secure personal information?
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is treated securely and in accordance with this policy and is not subject to misuse, interference or loss, or unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
You understand, however, that the transmission and storage of personal information is not necessarily wholly secure, and that the steps we take to protect your personal information, though reasonable, may not always be effective. In those circumstances, we do not accept responsibility for any misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to, your personal information. If you suspect any misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to, your personal information, please let us know immediately.
If we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access our services or parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Does Grape Productions disclose personal information to people or organisations outside Australia?
Grape Productions holds personal information securely both in its offices and on secure servers, some of which are located in the United States.
Personal information may also be processed by staff or agents operating outside Australia. Such staff or agents may be engaged in, among other things, co-ordinating or running events taking place outside of Australia, hosting your personal information, processing payment details and providing support services.
We will not, however, transfer your personal information overseas to a country that is not subject to a comparable privacy scheme unless the organisation to which we disclose that information implements privacy policies at least comparable to the obligations that apply under Australian law.
Who do I contact about privacy issues?
If you have any concerns or questions about privacy issues, including how Grape Productions is dealing with or holding your personal information, contact our Privacy Officer by email to email@example.com
Please also contact our Privacy Officer if, for example:
- you want to review and/or correct any personal information we hold about you;
- you would like to withdraw any consent you have given to us in relation to how we use your personal information; or
- you receive communications purporting to be connected with Grape Productions or our services that you believe have been sent other than in accordance with this policy or in breach of any law.